Wednesday 20 February 2013

Font Planning...

Fonts:
After creating a story board i needed to decide on a font for my title and subtitles. I looked on a website called 'Dafont' which has a list of different genres and styles of fonts.
Most of the fonts i looked at were handwriting ones, I thought this would be an effective and creepy looking title.
A few caught my eye and i thought they would suit the type of film i am making...

The first i found is called: 'Austie Bost In a Rush' this is a rushed handwriting font, and can have a creepy edge to it if necessary. This one will be used as my main title font:

The second one I looked at, and what I would probably use as subtitles. This one is called 'Skinny' and is also a handwriting one. I like this one but its not a very scary font:

Again I looked handwriting fonts. This one is called 'Joe Hand 2' This also isn't scary but it can be quite effective when put into a film like this:

Looking through the handwriting ones again, because they are the most effective and better looking ones, I found this one called 'In The Know' which looks similar to 'Skinny' but this also isn't very scary looking, unless applied right:

And the last one I looked at was in the fancy horror section of the website, this one is a scary/horror based font, but it looks like it could be a bit over the top for the style of film I will be creating. This font is called 'SF Gushing Meadow':

Looking through these fonts I know that I will defiantly use the first one for my main title of the film. And although 'Gushing Meadow' is a horror font, i don't want to use it as it looks over-the-top. My decision is that I am going to use 'Joe Hand 2' as my subtitle font. I will make it appear on screen as if someone is writing the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment