Saturday 6 April 2013

Evaluation Question 3...

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?




I think that Lionsgate would be the most likely and best company to distribute my film. Lionsgate are a global distribution company who distribute a variety of genres of films. They have done a few horror films, most of which are well known, e.g, Saw II - VII, The Cabin in the Woods, The Haunting in Connecticut II, Texas Chainsaw 3D and Silent Hill revelation. I think that my film could be distributed globally because it's not a film directly aimed at just the British audience. It can be understood in the same way to any audience worldwide. Lionsgate have a good and well known name for itself, therefore they know how to attract a specific audience well. They would know which advertisements etc would be best for my genre of film and of the target audience. They have been around for many years so are experienced in the film industry.






As an alternative, NewLineCinema are another likely company to distribute my film too. I think that New Line Cinema would be a good company to distribute my film because they are a major distribution company in the film industry and therefore have a good enough name for itself to lure in target audiences for my particular film. They have been the distributors for many horror movies, some of which are; Friday 13th, A nightmare on elm street (all), The final destination and Texas Chainsaw; The beginning.
These are all very well know films in the horror industry and therefore this is a good company to distribute my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment