Friday 5 April 2013

Evaluation Question 1...

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My opening sequence VS The Cabin in the Woods:


This is a screen shot of both my Ident and for the film 'The Cabin in the Woods' I chose to look at this film opening because its quite similar to my film. This being, both set in the woods and being a horror film. My ident doesn't 'challenge' an existing film, but I can say its similar, and referring to the question, I have 'used' an ident in the correct place as mine is the same time as this one.


Although I have put my film title at the end of my sequence and this film had it within 3 minutes of the opening, I put mine next to it to show that each one is a title.Mine is very simple, plain background and small writing. The cabin in the woods title comes as a surprise  more in the middle of a sentence with loud sharp music too. They both have a sudden effect.


This a screen shot of my location and the beginning of the films location. Although I know The Cabin in the Woods is set in the woods, the opening doesn't show that so this is the only location you can see in the first sequence. I have used a good use of camera angles to clearly show where it is located.




.

 These are screen shots of my cast titles, and the cast titles for The Cabin in the Woods. They are similar; small red writing, but mine is placed, like my main title, in the centre of a black background whereas The Cabin in the Woods has theirs in-front of a scene setting clip of where the main character lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment